This workshop will focus on safety and self-care for staff working with the adult and aging population. Staff will identify best practices in home visit safety, and can expect the workshop to be presented using a simulated context. The workshop offers a unique, engaging and effective way to introduce and/or review essential community and home visit safety tips and agency recommended procedures. While many home visits are safe when staff arrive, enter and complete their tasks, this workshop seeks to develop awareness pf potential dangers in the field.
- Reinforcing concepts of safety and self-care when visiting clients in the community
- Creating awareness for prevention or response strategies
- Creatively exploring the important topic of peer support
- Focusing on staying efficient, effective, compassionate and safe in your role
- Networking and communicating with clients, their family members and their care providers regarding referrals to community resources and partner agencies