This experiential training offers human services professionals a relaxing and engaging opportunity to use mindfulness and self-care practices, such as art and journaling, to address stress, design creative self-care plans, and rejuvenate. The retreat also focuses on honoring the important work of staff and celebrates workplace well-being.
- Acknowledge and express appreciation for all of the wonderful work staff does
- Utilize mindfulness and self-care practices, such as creative expression and journaling, to support rejuvenation and address any secondary traumatic stress symptoms on cognitive, emotional and nervous system levels
- Use a self-care assessment tool and art materials to design creative self-care plans to support and enhance work-life resilience
- Use a goal-setting process to follow through with identified strategies to maintain self-care
- Honor coworkers by creating and delivering gratitude notes to express what and who they are grateful for in their workplace
- Identify accomplishments and qualities to celebrate as a group that will be embodied in a piece of artwork on canvas to be kept by the agency