This training is designed to increase understanding, awareness and strategies for caretakers and providers who will help the child process, cope and eventually integrate the overwhelming and persistent feelings they are struggling with.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the stages, triggers and reactions to grief in children and themselves
- Recognize grief-driven behaviors
- Understand how to help themselves and others manage and move through grief
- Honor grief as a natural process and recognize healing as an ongoing process
- Understand the developmental impacts and behaviors related to sudden death and/or separation
This training will incorporate several experiential exercises to build empathy and sensitivity in care providers.