This course will provide participants with information about substance use, mental health, domestic violence and building relationships with individuals who are difficult to serve.
After attending this training, participants will understand:
- Substance abuse trends, the cycle of addition and recovery and relapse prevention
- The identification and treatment of the dually diagnosed
- The impact of domestic violence on children and families
- The cycle of domestic violence, including factors that motivate and sustain the cycle
- The signs and cues of domestic violence
- Motivational interviewing as an approach to assist in the management of maladaptive behaviors
In addition, this course will facilitate a discussion on general mental health concepts, recent diagnostic changes and recommended approaches to assisting individuals with mental health conditions.