This course provides an overview of the elements of fraud, techniques for fraud detection, and includes an emphasis on fraud prevention. Participants can also expect to develop awareness of the interview process, and will enhance their understanding of proper referrals, documentation and records retention.
- Defining the elements of Fraud in Public Assistance Programs
- Understanding the role of Eligibility Workers & Supervisors defined by State Regulations
- Exploring how Customer Service plays a role in the Detection and Prevention of Fraud
- Recognizing factors to look for detection and prevention
- Building awareness of How to Conduct a Clarifying Interview
- Identify the Importance of Proper Documentation, Referrals, & Records Retention
- Testifying in an Administrative Hearing (ADH) or criminal proceeding