This half-day course explores the true potential for violence and compromised safety in the social worker arena. Specific case studies and videos are used as part of the course to help participants examine the thought process of the violent person. This course will also teach participants to successfully detect pre-attack indicators, read body language and link their mindset to their performance. De–escalation techniques will be introduced to assist participants with detecting and de–escalating an agitated individual. Additionally, participants will learn about danger signs and when to disengage and leave a violent situation.
- Recognizing the true potential for violence in social work practice
- Identifying pre-attack indicators and Understanding how to read body language
- Understanding de-escalation techniques
- Recognizing the potential for animal hazards in the field
- Identifying self-protection strategies