This workshop examines the systems approach to working with families, reviewing the Structural Developmental and Family Systems Theories. This workshop also addresses the stages of family development and places emphasis on techniques to improve family communication and family assessments.
- Understanding the stages of family development
- Reviewing and assessing problems, identifying desired outcomes and achieving change
- Developing awareness of the systems approach to working with families
- Gaining better awareness of the nature and quality of family bonds and will be better prepared to work with complex family systems
- Addressing culturally sensitive practices, including ethnographic interviewing