These two follow-up webinars build on an overview of the family search and engagement (FSE) process; its history, development and legal mandates; and how to integrate the mission of building “family” support and connections into case planning for children, youth and families. The goal of family search and engagement is to develop a safe, lifetime family support network for each child and family, which leads to a sense of belonging and permanency for children and youth.
After attending this training, successful participants will be able to:
- Identify how and where to look through case files for leads to family connections and how to engage others to identify additional permanency leads
- Use and recognize the benefit of engagement tools and strategies
- Engage family, community connections and youth in shared planning
- Utilize FSE technology, tools and methods to find and engage family connections
- Engage and re-engage with family for successful outcomes
Participants will learn and practice strategies using actual files to gather contact information and reach out to identified connections for children currently served. Further, successful participants can leave this training with renewed hope that each child has connections to family and community that can enhance their options for permanency.