The purpose of Family Team Meetings (FTMs) of any type is to build agreements between the department, families, providers and other essential team members. It is of great responsibility for meeting facilitators to bring a disparate group of people into FTMs and build critical agreements and to make important decisions. This workshop will provide participants with a solid foundation of theory and facilitation skills for immediate use in helping groups build agreement to enhance the safety of children in a way that engages families.
- Identifying their own facilitation style.
- Increasing understanding of the Interaction Method of facilitation to create shared responsibility for family meeting success
- Enhancing confidence in dealing with challenging group situation
- Demonstrating how to leverage diverse opinions and styles
- Identifying specific tools for building understanding and agreement
- Applying solution focused inquiry to future family meetings