This workshop examines the process of developing effective case plans that engage and motivate the non-voluntary client. The workshop bridges the assessment process to the case planning process.
- Assessing a family’s strengths, challenges, problem-solving skills and willingness to change
- Dealing with denial
- Viewing resistance as a strength
- Motivational interviewing
- Dealing with confrontation and discrepancies
- Developing case goals, objectives and service activities
- Essentials of quality contact and relationship building
- Negotiating and revising case plans
Participants will gain a variety of skills to help them develop effective, collaborative and achievable case plans.