This convening will offer an opportunity for Northern and Mt. Valley Child Welfare agencies to discuss the optional FFPSA Prevention Services Program that allows states to claim Title IV-E reimbursements up to 50% for evidence-based services targeted towards preventing entry into foster care for children considered to be at imminent risk. We will provide a high-level overview of FFPSA and California’s prevention plan, and give counties an opportunity to discuss their plans for FFPSA Part I implementation with each other.
The agenda for this half-day virtual convening includes:
- High-level FFPSA overview
- Summary of ACLs and ACINs and county opportunities and expectations related to FFPSA
- Evidence-based practices for prevention and ideas for counties with no current EBPs
- Inter-county discussion with similar-sized counties regarding hopes and worries related to FFPSA implementation
- County support needs regarding FFPSA Part I implementation