This course focuses on the principles, philosophy and ethics of child welfare social work. Using the National Association of Social Work Code of Ethics as a foundation, participants have the opportunity to explore the values and ethics of professional social work practice in the field of child welfare.
After attending this online training, successful participants will be able to:
- Understand basic social work ethics and values
- Use authority and client-centered strategies
- Draw upon ethical considerations in child welfare decision-making when working with families from diverse cultures
- Explain ethical considerations in the context of confidentiality and information sharing
- Understand full disclosure and dual relationships in a child welfare setting
- Value working in a collaborative, professional environment.
As a result of this course, participants gain a deeper understanding of the ethical questions they may encounter in the provision of professional child welfare services.
Participants have two weeks to complete this 10-hour online course.
This course meets the Phase II Core Training requirement.