Module 1: Attitude Counts
This module examines the importance of attitude. Participants will learn how attitude can optimize individual performance and impact the overall workplace, including service delivery. Participants will gain self-awareness related to how they present themselves. Connections between emotional intelligence and attitude will also be made.
- Examining the impact of attitude in the workplace
- Reviewing the benefits of maintaining a positive attitude
- Understanding how to overcome a negative attitude
- Exploring self-awareness: effectively managing your attitude
- Understanding emotional intelligence and how it relates to attitude
Module 2: Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
This module allows participants to explore how they can engage in effective decision-making and problem-solving within their roles. Steps and strategies to improve decision-making skills are presented, and participants will review different perspectives on how to respond to challenges. Common “traps and blocks” that hinder decision-making and creativity are also discussed.
- Understanding the importance of effective decision-making and problem-solving
- Exploring the steps in effective decision-making
- Developing an awareness of factors that hinder creativity and decision-making
- Reviewing tools and strategies to facilitate decision-making and problem-solving
- Discussing components of the employee’s role in effective team problem-solving
Module 3: Professional Image and Presence
In this module, participants will explore the concept of personal branding related to professional image. The different angles of image are identified and reviewed, and connections are made to demonstrate how this impacts us in our professional roles. Participants will be asked to reflect on how they can manage their professional image and presence through personal responsibility – so that they are putting their professional best forward.
- Understanding the impact of image in the workplace
- Understanding image and our performance
- Exploring the five angles of professional image
- Identifying types of professional image
- Presenting your personal best through professional image
Module 4: Stress Management
This module explores the different types of stress – and offers solutions on how to effectively manage stress. Participants will review the warning signs and symptoms of stress in the workplace and gain tools for effectively managing stress. The concepts of mindfulness and emotional first aid are also introduced.
- Developing an awareness of types and factors of stress
- Understanding symptoms and warning signs of stress
- Understanding how our communication styles change as a result of stress
- Evaluating and applying stress management strategies
- Developing an awareness of the concept of emotional first aid
Module 5: Best Practices and Professionalism
In this module, concepts supporting best practices and professionalism for the human services field will be explored. Delivering exemplary service, developing strong work ethic and demonstrating professional etiquette are also incorporated. Participants will be encouraged to take personal responsibility as connected to their overall professional development. Emotional intelligence in the workplace, and concepts on how to further develop “EQ” are also presented.
- Defining characteristics of professionalism in the human services field
- Managing professional relationships
- Connecting confidence, performance and professionalism
- Building emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Identifying and creating opportunities for professional development
Module 6: Excellent Interviews
Participants in this module will learn to identify and describe transferable skills, explore interview techniques, and discuss how to prepare for professional development opportunities. Participants can also expect to discuss how to achieve meaningful professional growth, no matter their role. Information on how to establish professional goals will also be included.
- Identifying and Describing Transferable Skills
- Exploring Opportunities in Professional Development
- Identifying Effective Interview Techniques
- Demonstrating Professional Excellence
- Establishing and Planning for Professional Goals