This course is an overview of domestic violence in later life, highlighting the importance of recognizing abuse, offering support and collaborating to assist victims. Domestic Violence is a complex, far reaching and largely stigmatized phenomenon. Regardless of the type of abuse, domestic violence is destructive for both the battered and the batterer and can affect anyone of any age or gender.
- Enhancing understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence in later life.
- Recognizing the indicators of domestic violence.
- Building awareness of the complicating factors associated with domestic violence in later life
- Increasing awareness of the consequences of domestic violence in later life.
- Understanding the victim-centered approach when assisting victims of domestic violence.