This workshop provides parent partners with resources and techniques to promote effective parenting skills to child welfare clients.
- Time management for parents
- Parenting with the parent in crisis
- Alternative discipline methods—timeouts, consequences, privileges
- Realistic expectations for a child’s level of development
- Creating and implementing household rules and structure
- Budget and menu planning
- Play and interaction with children
- Forming and using a support system
- Problem solving
Participants learn skills necessary to guide clients toward parenting methods that improve the safety of the children and the quality of parent-child relationships.