The workshop focuses on working with customers experiencing crisis, major loss and trauma. These experiences may compromise the customer’s ability to communicate effectively without first addressing their potential healing/grief issues. This workshop will develop participant skills necessary when crisis arises and ways to practice a variety of intervention techniques. Participants will learn how to develop trust and respect in their work with customers and their families.
- Examine what precipitates crisis.
- Study Introduction to Trauma Informed Services -The architecture of Trauma and the Brain.
- Exercise diffusing verbal and physical escalation techniques back by FBI Crisis negotiation tactics.
- Practice verbal de-escalation techniques for phone etiquette.
- Recognize their own escalation signs and how to manage self-control as the situation escalates.