This workshop provides an overview for addressing threats to personal safety. Participants will gain strategies and techniques to working with confused, frustrated and/or hostile client behaviors. Participants will also build understanding in the basics of de-escalation and will have the opportunity to practice these skills. This workshop will review threat recognition and situational awareness for effective crisis interventions.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Recognizing triggers of confused, frustrated, hostile or blaming behaviors.
- Reviewing crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques.
- Describing and employing at least three techniques in de-escalation.
- Practicing Situational Awareness.