This training will explore strategies for conducting visits in a manner that addresses developmental needs, the impact of trauma and strategies for managing issues for specific types of abuse and neglect the family is experiencing.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Value visits planning as an integral opportunity to assist in “change behavior” and as a means to determining increased safety for children
- Develop a visit plan utilizing a visit planning decision matrix
- Understand the impact of separation on children at all developmental stages
- Identify several key federal and state laws regarding visits
- Understand the importance of safety planning prior to a visit