Learning how to make critical personnel decisions is essential to developing an agency’s most important resource—its staff. This module covers the full range of performance management issues—from decision making during hiring to establishing and maintaining relationships and providing various forms of feedback.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Complete an objective, evidence-based job performance appraisal
- Differentiate between performance counseling and performance coaching
- Recognize the importance of motivating a work force that is faced with daily challenges and shrinking resources
- Embrace progressive discipline as a tool to help employees retain their jobs
- Maintain supervisory monitoring files for each of their subordinates and use the information gathered in the file to complete a job performance appraisal
- Structure and deliver a performance counseling and performance coaching intervention
As a result of this training, participants will be better equipped to make key personnel and supervisory decisions.