Designed for instructors of Core 3.0 classroom training, this hands-on workshop will provide instructors with skills to move from being a content expert to facilitator of peer and adult learning in the classroom setting.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the difference between the roles of trainer as content expert and trainer as facilitator of learning
- Establish an environment that embraces participants’ prior knowledge, skills and unique learning styles
- Explain a selected skill, demonstrate the skill, and facilitate trainee practice of the skill
- Provide constructive feedback to correct and/or improve trainees' skill practice
- Debrief an evaluation or skills-based learning experience
Skills-based classroom learning will provide a bridge between the knowledge obtained from eLearning and the development of skills by providing practice opportunities. By the end of this training, participants will be able to recognize how adult learning principles support the adult learner in obtaining and retaining knowledge and skills in the classroom and transition into application in the field.