This training will explore two distinct topics: 1) safety in the workplace; and 2) teaming partnerships.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Utilize techniques to work effectively and safely in stressful and potentially dangerous situations
- Utilize techniques to support workplace and/or personal safety
- Understand how work experiences and stress may affect one’s professional performance and well-being
- Use collaborative skills and techniques in organizational settings to enhance the quality of services for children and families
- Understand the value base of the profession and its ethical standards, principles and practices
- Identify the various team-based practice models used in California and the common values and principles they share
Successful participants will have an increased awareness of common safety precautions when working in the field; including preparation, tools and resources for before, during and after practicing in the field. Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to practice self-reflection in activities related to increased awareness of communication and motivational styles when working with a variety of professionals.