This half-day course focuses on critical thinking activities that link critical thinking to assessment.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources when conducting a child welfare assessment
- Recognize the role of reflective practice in child welfare assessment
- Fact check and analyze factors relevant to an assessment of safety, risk, and protective capacity which includes information from the reporting party, extended family members, case records, and other collateral sources
- Identify and resolve effects of their own life experiences, personal values, and biases in establishing MSLC and assessing safety and risk
- Understand the value of obtaining consultation as needed to conduct an effective assessment
Throughout the training, the trainer will guide participants through activities and facilitate active participation in the development of a critical thinking framework.