This workshop is for Welfare to Work case managers and facilitators who wish to motivate their clients to become self-sufficient. The focus is listening to the needs of the program participants in order to customize program activities to meet the goals of the participant, while ensuring those activities meet program requirements. The goal of the workshop is to help workers ask the right questions to help clients come to their own conclusions and build the skills needed to sustain a self-sufficient lifestyle.
- Learning how to facilitate change talk.
- Discovering coaching skills and strategies using the GROW Model.
- Developing a series of questioning skills to develop problem-solving capacity.
- Practicing listening skills.
- Applying coaching skills.