This workshop will provide a framework and model of coaching as an approach to case management. Participants will gain a comprehensive overview of coaching, including key foundational principles and characteristics, and learn the skills and tools necessary to integrate coaching into their work with clients. This includes the awareness of “coachable moments” and the overall adoption of coaching an approach to everyday work.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Define coaching and how it can be used as an approach to case management
- Understand human behavior in the context of coaching others, including human response to social stress, the effects of trauma and implicit bias and the impact our styles have on those we coach and vice versa.
- Identify and capitalize on coachable moments, by asking powerful questions, setting goals and working with reluctance
- Coach clients into taking action towards their case plan goals
- Facilitate reflection, theirs and their clients, to incorporate new learning into future action
This workshop will be highly interactive with opportunities to practice coaching--which means participants should come prepared to receive good coaching.