This workshop presents a model for integrated treatment of substance abuse and mental health disorders. It is designed to help practitioners recognize dual diagnosis clients and then cut through the conflicts of philosophies and systems to offer effective treatment. Practitioners will develop effective treatment strategies for working with substance abusers with psychiatric disorders.
- Recognize the continuum of diagnosis
- Identify the signs of possible dual diagnosis in clients
- Learn to assess the client’s environment and network
- Create a plan to integrate treatment for clients
- Discover ways to overcome the medical and social obstacles in assisting clients