This 3-hour, interactive online course will provide guidance on best practices for county child welfare social workers regarding engagement of child and family teams conducted in a virtual format during the evolving situation related to COVID-19.
The course will include:
- Review of CDSS guidance regarding alternative options for CFT meetings
- Review of audio/visual technology resources
- Adjustments to CFT meetings and engagement and process before, during, and after a CFT meeting
- Understanding trauma triggers and additional stressors associated with the COVID-19 pandemic
- Strategies to ensure inclusion of child and family voice
- Ideas to ensure quality and fidelity of the CFT process
- Cross-county sharing
This course will provide support for virtual skill development, problem-solving, sharing of best practices, and strategies for improving outcomes for children and families.