Being an eligibility worker requires more than just knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and procedures. It also requires a great deal of organization and efficiency to be able to handle the multitude of tasks required to effectively manage a caseload. This course is designed for eligibility/CalWORKs workers, to help them become more efficient in their day to day activities, effectively serve as many families as possible, given limited time and resources.
At the end of this workshop, participants will leave with a plan to organize work in a way that allows them to complete work timely and accurately, reducing stress and job burnout.
- Learn to prioritize work and re-prioritize as needed
- Develop an organizational system to complete required work and use it consistently
- Create a calendar system to manage workload
- Utilize time management and customer service
- Organize tools and resources in a way that is beneficial for the individual