This workshop covers the rules and regulations of the CalWORKs Cal-Learn program and emphasizes why this important program was created for teens who are pregnant or parenting, and do not have a High School Diploma or GED. As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to determine who is eligible for the program, how and when bonuses are earned, and when to apply sanctions.
- Examining the requirements of the Cal-Learn program.
- Understanding school participation requirements in the Cal-Learn program.
- Exploring how to grant exemptions and granting good cause.
- Determining bonuses, sanctions and supportive services.
- Reviewing proper informing notices and notices of action.
- Understanding the importance of collaborating with other Agencies/Organizations.