The workshop will address the legal requirements for reporting and investigating allegations of abuse of adolescent youth in out-of-home placement. Participants will learn procedures and protocols for investigating and interviewing victims, witnesses and collateral contacts. Communicating with child welfare and law enforcement agencies in the jurisdiction where the youth is placed will be emphasized.
- Explore interviewing techniques with adolescents who have alleged maltreatment in out-of-home care
- Evaluate their own interviewing strengths and challenges
- Identify the types of abuse and differentiate abuse from licensing violations
- Practice interviewing for the investigation of child maltreatment
- Provide the statutory requirements for intake, investigation and cross reporting allegations of child abuse
Participants will be prepared to respond to allegations of maltreatment of youth in care.