Build your leadership skills and gain confidence in your ability to support your team at the micro, mezzo and macro levels throughout this comprehensive program tailored specifically for child welfare supervisors. Throughout the 11 days of training, we will help you gain more knowledge about yourself, your leadership style and your practice as a whole.
Supervisor Core will engage you through the use of videos, scenarios, small and large group activities, journaling and action plans, providing a rich environment for collaboration, discussion and individual reflection. Each day will layer and integrate knowledge to show the parallels to your agency practice and to cross-thread the ideas in the classroom.
This program consists of multiple topics spread across 11 days that are grouped into five modules.
Cohort Course Schedule
This will be a fully virtual cohort. Modules 1-5 will be held through Zoom. All trainings are full-day trainings from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Leading in Child Welfare – The Role of the Supervisor Feb. 09-10, 2022
- Creating an Organizational Learning Environment March 21-22, 2022
- Data-Informed Supervision April 11, 2022
- Supervising for Accountability April 12, 2022
- Case Consultation & Critical Thinking: Teaming for Success May 10-11, 2022
- Safety Organized Practice for Supervisors May 12, 2022
- Supporting Individual and Team Development June 7, 2022
- Ongoing Development as a Leader June 8, 2022
COURSE MAKE-UP REQUESTS: In order to be enrolled in select courses within this cohort for make-up, please email your request to Academy@ucdavis.edu
Please note this schedule only lists the classroom requirements for the Core for Supervisors program. Please refer to the Overview document for information on the full requirements of the program, including eLearnings and Field Activities.