Team Decision Making for Facilitators Training for Trainers
Built on the foundation of Family to Family principles, the training for trainers offers participants the opportunity to develop skills critical to TDM facilitation as well as gain the skills to train other facilitators. The training will provide an opportunity to explore the roles and responsibilities of the TDM facilitator, determine essential content issues necessary for decision-making, develop strategies to handle difficult situations and practice the systematic guiding of TDM team members through the problem-solving structure of the meeting.
- The values, benefits and goals of TDM.
- Advantages of working as a team
- Honoring individual and cultural differences
- Critical placement values in TDM meetings
- Consensus as a goal for TDM decisions and the responsibility to ensure safety and protection
- The procedural aspects of why, when and how TDM meetings are scheduled
- Preparing for a TDM meeting including strategies for creating a safe, productive environment supportive of honest communication
- Utilizing strengths and strength-based skills
- How to pace a TDM meeting
- Critical issues to be considered during specific types of TDM meetings
- The role, responsibilities and qualities of a TDM facilitator