Projects are separate from the normal daily tasks and responsibilities, requiring Helping Professionals to come together to focus on specific project objectives. Project Management is the beginning, planning and control of a range of tasks required to deliver the product. This workshop will present project management concepts and tools scaled to public sector agencies in California. Participants will build understanding of The Five Stages of Project Management and explore the benefits of effective teamwork, as it is essential to successful projects.
- Explaining the value of project management.
- Describing a project life cycle and mapping each stage of this cycle.
- Discovering strategies for fostering motivation and engagement.
- Applying change management concepts to a project.
- Employing stress management and self-care techniques.