Much of the work done in health and human service agencies in California is done through a process. Whether it’s a direct client service like a Medi-Cal application or an administrative function such as time studies, the process has a large impact in the agency’s overall efficiency and effectiveness. This course provides concepts and tools for closely analyzing a process to identify and fix gaps, barriers, blockages and anything else detrimental to the value provided to clients.
- Describe how speed, quality and cost affect services to clients
- Recognize how work processes can improve speed quality and cost
- Identify and describe the partner agencies’ role in performing key care coordination tasks
- Design a process map and workflow of tasks and key decision points
- Identify gaps and duplication of tasks that will improve effectiveness and workflow