This workshop provides an overview of the Medi-Cal process from basic to complex eligibility determinations, including the selection of the appropriate program for each member of an applicant or recipient's family. Focus will be on those programs available to participants that do not qualify under the Medicaid expansion criteria of the Affordable Care Act. Participants will understand how to determine the appropriate program and eligibility level for all applicants and recipients of Medi-Cal.
- Understanding the Medi-Cal Hierarchy.
- Recognizing Linkage to Non-MAGI Medi-Cal.
- Reinforcing knowledge of available Non-MAGI programs, including eligibility for the Transitional Medi-Cal program.
- Reviewing Household Composition and Sneede rules.
- Determining Property and Income Eligibility and Share of Cost.