This course examines different components of engaging fathers and persons in father figure roles. Participants will explore internal and external factors that contribute to the way we experience fathers and men. Participants will discover the importance of how gender-specific and deliberate service can improve outcomes for the families.
- Reviewing a model of a successful fatherhood program
- Creating a father-friendly environment and safe space
- Understanding the unique dynamics of the father/agency relationship
- Discovering the essentials of quality contact and relationship building
- Building community partners and resources serving fathers and families
- Navigating challenges when working with dads